Dates – 25.05.19 -04.06.19
We have been to Kazbek more than once and know how tiring it is to walk with a heavy backpack and skis on your back to the snowline, spend the night in a tent with a strong wind and eat sublimates all week. And we also know how upsetting it is to turn around the whole group, and not reaching the top. Therefore, we have created the most comfortable tour in which there will be two professional RGMA guides and a maximum of six participants in one group. In which we will fully eat and sleep comfortably. In which we tour and ski, and not carry heavy backpacks and try to dry the liners in tents!
Features of the tour:
In order not to be distracted by household trifles and to devote all our strength to the skitour, we compiled this program on the “all-inclusive” principle:
– accommodation in Tbilisi. We will pick you up from the airport at any time of the day or night and take you to the hotel. Private rooms with all the comforts and views of the night city will be booked for you.
– transfer from Tbilisi and back. After relaxing in the hotel, we will pick you up from anywhere in Tbilisi and take you to Stepantsminda by comfortable transport. On the way, we will stop for a bit of sightseeing and try the most delicious khinkali in Georgia.
– Accommodation in Stepantsminda. We will live in a new hotel in the center of Stepantsminda, in separate rooms with all the amenities.
– transfer to the church of Gergeti. Right from the hotel in Stepantsminda, all-wheel-drive cars will drop us to an altitude of 2,200 meters to the ancient church of Gergeti, where our expedition to Kazbek will begin.
– accommodation at the AltiHut shelter. We will spend the first night in the mountains in a new mountain hut at an altitude of 3014 meters, with toilets and shower beds, comfortable beds, a professional chef and a real library! By the way, it catches 4G!
– Accommodation at the Bethelemi Hut. Our advanced base camp will be located in the building of the former weather station, converted into an hut for climbers. It is an old, but reliable structure, able to protect from any weather. Accommodation on the weather station is simplier, but we will have a separate room with bunk beds, and in the kitchen – regular patrons of the station, who will always tell a couple of tales. By the way, here, too, catches 4G!
– nutrition. Throughout the expedition we will be accompanied by a professional chef who will provide us with a tasty food. We will clarify your preferences in advance and try to create a familiar and varied menu.
– Throwing things on horseback. During this period of the year, you can begin a ski tour expedition already from a height of 3000 meters. And we will travel lightly along the stones and grass to save our strength.
What is included in the program?
1) The services of two guides RGMA and professional chef.
2) All transfers: airport -> hotel in Tbilisi -> Stepantsminda -> Gergeti and back.
3) All accommodations: hotel in Tbilisi (2 nights), hotel in Stepantsminda (2 nights), shelter AltiHut (2 nights), shelter Bethlemi Hut (5 nights).
4) Technical part: public equipment (ropes, ice-drills, carbines, etc.), kitchen equipment, first-aid kit, repair kit for equipment
5) Throwing the entire load from the Gergeti church to AltiHut and back.
All you need is:
1) Make extreme medical insurance
2) Pack your gear
3) And fly to Tbilisi!
Expedition program by day:
Day 0. Arrival in Tbilisi. Transfer from the airport to the hotel.
Day 1. Transfer from Tbilisi to Stepantsminda. Accommodation at the hotel, checking and packing the equipment.
Day 2. Ascent to the church of Gergeti. Loading equipment on horses and walking lightly to the shelter AltiHut (3014 m). Accommodation in a shelter, lunch, ski tour to one of the nearby mountains.
Day 3. Ski tour in the area of the Sabertse pass and Ortsveri mountain. Return to AltiHut.
Day 4. Ascent to Bethlemi Hut (3650 m). Accommodation in a shelter and rest.
Day 5. Acclimatization ski tour in the area of Mount Kazbek.
Day 6. Ski tour ascension of Kazbek mountain.
Day 7. First reserve day.
Day 8. Second reserve day.
Day 9. Descent to the AltiHut shelter. Loading equipment on horses and walking to the church of Gergeti.
Day 10. Transfer to Stepantsminda and Tbilisi.
Necessary equipment for skiing
– Ski tour / splitboard kit
– Ski / splitboard crampons
– Avalanche kit (sensor, probe, shovel)
– Ice axe
– Climbing cats
Essential bivouac equipment
– Sleeping bag (comfort -10 ° C)
– Inflatable rug
2000 EUR / person – 4-6 participants
3000 EUR / person – 2-3 participants
5000 EUR / person – individual ascent